ASSOCIATE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – OPEN-IX ASSOCATION
The Associate Executive Director (part-time position) is the key management leader for the Open-IX Association. The position is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and execution of the strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include certification sales, marketing, membership management and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board to fulfil the organization's mission.
• Responsible for leading Open-IX in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
• Serves as the Secretary of the Board of Directors.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Open-IX, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements in cooperation with the Treasurer, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
• Responsible for certification sales and developing other resources necessary to support Open-IX’s mission.
• Responsible for ongoing and event-driven fundraising for the organization.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Responsible for implementation of Open-IX’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for strategic planning and execution to ensure that Open-IX can successfully fulfil its mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of Open-IX’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
• Responsible for active execution of Open-IX’s marketing strategy, including presentations and panel participation at industry conferences and events.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
• Responsible for effective administration of Open-IX operations.
• Responsible for recruiting and working with committee volunteers.
• Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Five or more years senior non-profit management experience
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of Open-IX’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, certifying entities and members
• Knowledge and significant experience in fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
• Strong public speaking ability
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and other qualifications, and will be tied to the successful growth of the organization.
This position will be located within North America. Please send inquiries or resumes in PDF only to <email@example.com>.